Melbourne Aquarium is a premiere wedding venue boasting five stunning and unique spaces including stunning Antarctica and The Fish Bowl.
Combining professional service and exquisite seasonal menus, a wedding at the aquarium will ensure an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
An experienced wedding coordinator will provide the stylish finishes and exquisite details important to any couple on their wedding dates.
- A visually stunning Fish Bowl space that will treat your guest to a world of underwater wonder
- An Upperdeck with a long-lost-island themed journey through billabongs, rivers and caves, inhabited by freshwater animals
- An Antarctica room housing majestic King and cheeky Gentoo penguins.
- Can accommodate up to 440 guests banquet seating style and cocktails up to 650 guests.
- A Coral Atoll with newly refurbished hundreds of exotic tropical animals, stunning spotted eagle rays and beautiful coral gardens.
- The Jellies space with pulsing sea jellies set under UV light creating a breathtaking atmosphere.
- The Yarra space with uninterrupted views of the Yarra River.
- An experienced wedding coordinator will provide exquisite details and stylish finishes important to every couple on their wedding day.
Q and A with Melbourne Aquarium
Can you sum up Melbourne Aquarium in one sentence?
Unique and a truly unforgettable experience.
What makes Melbourne Aquarium unique?
Melbourne Aquarium encompasses all things unique. From the scenery, to the setting, to the service, Melbourne Aquarium is the perfect place to experience style and pleasure in an environment unlike any other. Our service is second to none; we provide advice and planning on all levels, nothing is too big or too small for Melbourne Aquarium to accommodate. We aim to make planning a wedding an enjoyable and fun event. A wedding at Melbourne Aquarium truly is a unique experience. The extra options available in Fish Bowl: Tank banners, shark walker/dives, underwater ceremonies, fish feeding etc
What advice can you give to couples organizing their wedding?
Couples should decide on venues that are convenient for them and their guests. Centrally located, close to public transport and hotels would be my expert tip. I also recommend that couples choose venues where their package options are flexible; removing or adding things to a package should never be a problem.
I would recommend choosing a venue that allows couples to make the environment their own. Ensuring a venue has no limitation when it comes to setting and entertainment will create the perfect ambiance.
Ensure your wedding coordinator is flexible and makes planning a wedding a stress free experience. Planning a wedding should be fun.
“A magnificently unique and stunning venue, teamed with exceptional staff and delectable food. It was a seamless and enjoyable transition between our early interactions with our event coordinator Kylie Nicol to arriving at our wedding reception. Thank-you from the bottom of our hearts!”
Dan and Shannon
“We had the most fantastic day and evening and will remember it very fondly! Thanks for all of your support leading up to the wedding and especially on the night! People haven’t stopped raving about it!”
Asha and Heath
“Everyone loved the venue, the food and the service…the staff were amazing. Thank you so much for making our day so special and the reception so stress free. You were wonderful to work with, flexible when needed and highly organized, once again thank you.”
Bess and Scott
Cnr King & Flinders St.